Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Priming!

I primed the bathroom walls to prepare for paint today. In the process, I really hated to clean up the roller and brush knowing that I have another room screaming for primer. Mikiah's original bedroom turned into a homeschooling room in 2008. Mikiah moved into Mallory's old room at that time. Mik was really sick of her pink room, and although noone has complained, I'm sure Trey and Drew are sick of doing school in a pink room! That won't be a problem any more!! It will take a while to get paint on it, but by tomorrow I want to have the 2nd coat of primer on and edging done. Mikiah is my little helper, so she stuck with me through the whole process.

Mik's goal was to enjoy painting and keep from getting paint on the woodwork! She did pretty well!

Tyler and Lauren made a trip back to Wichita to celebrate Jesse Brown's birthday. Tyler has been friends with Jesse since age 8. We enjoyed spending a good share of Sunday with Tyler and Lauren. They went to church with us and then we ate roast, etc., at home. It was a beautiful day, so we all went to tour a few homes that were on the Parade of Homes tour. It was fun to walk around together and see some $500,000 and up homes. I was sorry we didn't bring the camera and get a few pics of us doing that. The places were beautiful, of course!



Here are a few more close-ups of my hair. I have to admit that I am struggling a little with making it look like Mallory did at the shop. I am a wash your hair and let it naturally dry person. This cut makes me need product, blow dryer, and skill! I guess I have more time now to do that, though. No babies crawling at my feet any more!














Our neighbor is helping a young mom with a 7 month old baby have a place to live while she gets more financially set. She came over to our house the other night, and when Trey heard that there was a baby in the house, he came upstairs from the show he was watching! He and this little guy bonded right away!






About 2 weeks ago, Dale took Drew, Lizzy, and Mallory to a KU scrimmage. Mallory had never been to one, and she was the one who convinced Dad to do this. They all had a good time and got home really late!!!

I wanted to surprise my Mom concerning my master bathroom finally getting redone. I accidentally blogged a picture of the shower area on the last blog, so Mom knows now. I'll be posting the next accomplishment in there as soon as it happens. For those who don't know, I tore wallpaper off my master bathroom wall in 1997, the year after Drew was born. It damaged the wall, so I was unable to paint it as planned. We had to wait until Dale could replace the shower and redo the walls. That took us a really long time to get done!! We have been slowly doing it since 2004, so we have been not using that bathroom since then. I am really looking forward to getting that bathroom back, and it will happen hopefully this year!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting all the pics! I love the layers in your hair. Yep - product and a round brush and you're set to go :)

Can't wait to see the bathroom pics when it's done. I'm surprised Mikiah was tired of the pink. Guess she's growing up!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are updating again.
Jeanette

Unknown said...

Looks like you're having fun doing some home renovation! Can't wait to see the completed project! Your hair looks really good!